Why hello there new series! In celebration of the fact that I have now started weekly vlogging, I thought what better than to also do a weekly check-in on the blog, where I can share what I’ve been getting up to, and things that have helped me get through the week in one piece! I also know that some of you aren’t on Instagram, so I’ll also be sharing some of my Instagram posts from the week, and the stories behind them.
Right let’s get started already shall we!
1. Latte addiction | This week I indulged in at least three of Starbucks’ Toffee Nut Lattes, and despite the fact that I’m usually one to preach about investing in a flask and making a hot drink at home for a fraction of the cost [serial saver!], these have just been giving me life, and I’d have three next week all over again! Besides who needs gloves when you have hot drinks to warm your hands! Does anyone else love this as much as I do?!
2. Winter is coming | Well actually it’s already here! [Game of Thrones fan anyone?!] I decided at the end of summer that I would make an effort with my winter wardobe, and not hide underneath my winter coats like I usually do. Well, so far I think I’ve been doing quite well, pieces like this gorgeous bodycon knit dress that I wore on my birthday are snug, warm, and oh so stylish.
3. Netflix Fave | So this is a little bit of a cheat because it happened last weekend, but I just have to share it anyway. Hubby was away at the weekend so I invited one of my sisters around for dinner. After dinner we decided to look for a movie to watch, and she introduced me to what has become one of my favorite Netflix series to date, alongside Gotham, Power, The Good wife, and How to Get away with Murder. The series I’m talking about… Shooter. Has anyone else watched this? Trust me if you love you an action movie, this will be right up your street!
4. It’s okay to say ‘No’ | For those of you who don’t know, I’ve been blogging for over seven years now, and I’m not sure if it’s because I’ve been posting a lot more on Instagram and YouTube, but of late more and more brands have been reaching out to me. However, there seems to be a huge disconnect between the amount that brands want to invest in you, vs what they expect you to invest in them. Don’t get me wrong I love to support brands that I believe in without pay, but when I know that you have a budget, yet insist on only sending me 2 products worth £7 each, in exchange for a video that takes me over two hours to edit, and a similar amount of time to film [that you also want shared on all of my social media platforms], I’ve just got to say ‘No’. This Girl Boss will not be taken advantage of!
5. New things are coming | I saved the best till last! Ever since re-branding and starting this blog last year, my most well received posts and reasons for subscriber sign ups have been my free printables. Well, I’ve got some great news! On December 1st I’ll be launching a 12 page ‘Ultimate Goal Planner’, featuring the very tools I’ve used to make 2017 my most productive and successful business year to date. I can’t wait to finally share them, less than two weeks to go, the suspense is killing me!
[Just little old me dressed up and celebrating my 28th birthday. I had the perfect day. It started off with my mother in law and niece and nephew calling me at 5:30am to sing me happy birthday, followed by hubby surprising me with a cake, gift and balloons. We then went out for breakfast, chilled in the afternoon, and finished the day off with dinner at a local italian restaurant.]
[Caught red handed with a Starbucks Toffee Nut Latte a few minutes before heading out to a meeting. Can we take a moment to crush on these gorge leopard print heels from Dune? I love that Asos stock so many brands, they are one of my go to stores for online shopping.]
Have an amazing week ahead, and keep warm x